Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front BrakeLight Switch repair

Hi all...

I have a GS650G but with an GS850 Master Cylinder system (dont ask why... but it works lol)

I was wondering if anyone has made a modifcation so it doesnt use the slide method to switch on the brake lights when the front brakes are applied? .... perhaps if someone has managed to make a micro switch work or perhaps something else??

I can get the slide system new.. but I was wondering if someone has come up with a better method?
    Dave

Originally posted by bonky View Post
    Hi all...

I have a GS650G but with an GS850 Master Cylinder system (dont ask why... but it works lol)

I was wondering if anyone has made a modifcation so it doesnt use the slide method to switch on the brake lights when the front brakes are applied? .... perhaps if someone has managed to make a micro switch work or perhaps something else??

I can get the slide system new.. but I was wondering if someone has come up with a better method?
    Dave

Heh heh ... that thing is a pain in the (beep)

I don't have another solution, but if you find one let me know ...

Comment

Originally posted by bakalorz View Post
      Heh heh ... that thing is a pain in the (beep)

I don't have another solution, but if you find one let me know ...
      \There is one alternative.It use the banjo bolt for your brake and uses the pressure in the lines.I forgot what it is called but do a search on it.I bought a new switch for 12 bucks and it works fine.It is no big deal really.

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy View Post
        \There is one alternative.It use the banjo bolt for your brake and uses the pressure in the lines.I forgot what it is called but do a search on it.I bought a new switch for 12 bucks and it works fine.It is no big deal really.
        Read about it here;
        This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2007, 02:36 AM.

Comment

It's not too bad ......All the parts are available for the switch from Bike Bandit or Alpha Sports. Pretty simple to rebuild, but one has to be careful that parts don't go flying across the garage when working on it.

Comment

Working...
          X