Cam Chain Adjuster Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam Chain Adjuster Wheel

I need a cam chain adjuster wheel for my '82 GS1100E. It's the el-cheapo plastic one, (which is cracked :?), NOT the steel one that is on every other GS ever made. Gotta' keep it stock to qualify for my collector plate! Looking at the fiche, it is not listed as a separate part, so I would have to buy the whole tensioner, but the part number has been superseded. You know what that means, it's the same as 99% of the other ones, which will have the steel wheel. :roll: Anyone?
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Kevin,

I just went and checked mine, no luck it's steel... Maybe paint a steel one to look like the plastic one?

Mark

Comment

You really think they'll notice? [-o<
      If you get desperate and yours does not leak I have one that is insalled on my 80. Send it to me and I'll swap them out.
      My bike is not exactly stock.:shock:
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks guys. :-D Think I'll just paint a steel one black. I searched the two salvage shops in town, and only found ONE plastic one after going through all the GS motors and boxes of tensioners. Guess what. It was cracked too! I bought a used tensioner that had the steel wheel, and it is EXACTLY like the tensioner I have, save for the wheel. I'm just going to paint the steel wheel black and use that. I'm not going to enter this bike in any concours de elegance shows, so I think it will pass most people's scrutiny.

I had to chuckle when I went to one of the salvage shops and told the proprietor what I needed. His answer was, "Why don't you just use a regular one?" I explained that I was trying to keep the bike as stock as possible for the collector plate. His reply, "Oh, you're one of THOSE guys!" as he rolled his eyes. :roll: I got a laugh out of that, as I know he was just razzing me. I've known the guy for years.
        Kevin
        E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
        "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
        Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Working...
        X