does not shif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does not shif

Hi all, I fixed the (No Gear) problem, now that the bike rides, I found out it is almost very hard to shift beyond second gear, I tried to adjust the clutch cable, did not work any suggestions where to look for this problem?

ard

Originally posted by ard View Post
    I am going to use new nuts and bolts... and I think I'll ride the bike. bon voyage.

ard
    Not quite eh? Well, when I first saw the post I feared it was your 1150! Anyhow, if you end up needing a hand tearing the motor out, give me a call. I'll see if I can't get over there and give you a hand.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMc1100L View Post
      Not quite eh? Well, when I first saw the post I feared it was your 1150! Anyhow, if you end up needing a hand tearing the motor out, give me a call. I'll see if I can't get over there and give you a hand.
      Hi Scott, thank you for your offer, I'll start with taking out the clutch, and see if I can find anything weird behind the drum, sometime this week.

ard

Comment

Originally posted by ard View Post
        Hi all, I fixed the (No Gear) problem, now that the bike rides, I found out it is almost very hard to shift beyond second gear, I tried to adjust the clutch cable, did not work any suggestions where to look for this problem?

ard
        What was it you fixed exactly (problem vs solution)? While underway, can you upshift easily without using the clutch (lifting up on the shifter while breaking torque with the throttle)? If you can do this easily then it's possible you have clutch problems (unable to disengage completely). Does the bike want to lurch forward when cranking or creep when stopped when in gear with the clutch pulled? Is there any history of working on the transmission which coincides with this problem? Was any other work performed on this bike (seemingly unrelated) which coincides with the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by SPARKSS View Post
          What was it you fixed exactly (problem vs solution)? While underway, can you upshift easily without using the clutch (lifting up on the shifter while breaking torque with the throttle)? If you can do this easily then it's possible you have clutch problems (unable to disengage completely). Does the bike want to lurch forward when cranking or creep when stopped when in gear with the clutch pulled? Is there any history of working on the transmission which coincides with this problem? Was any other work performed on this bike (seemingly unrelated) which coincides with the problem?
          Hi Sparkss, I bought this bike from someone who one hundred miles ago won on eBay. he brought it home, paid a mechanic $675.00 to clean the carbs, change the plugs/wires, so called tune up, he rode for 100 miles next when he started the bike he had no gears, he called the mechanic , told him the problem, without checking the problem the mechanic suggested him to sell the bike saying to fix your problem will cost a lot on money, it is a transmission problem. the price was right I bought the bike, I posted the problem, I got many suggestions, except one Steve suggested; before taking anything apart, check the rubber boot to see if the shaft is turning, the shaft was turning, that gave me an idea, I undid the boot and found the problem, the bolts were sheared of the shaft plate. I put new bolts and tried to ride, this is when I noticed the shifter can ship 1st, neutral and 2nd with no problem

Comment

Working...
          X