Triple Tree Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triple Tree Help

Hello all! Just wondering if anyone knows if an '82 or '83 GS1100 Triple tree top can replace the top on an 1150? I think that the fork tube diameter is the same at 37mm. But not sure of the fork spacing or height. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks.

Originally posted by 1150 Jay View Post
    Hello all! Just wondering if anyone knows if an '82 or '83 GS1100 Triple tree top can replace the top on an 1150? I think that the fork tube diameter is the same at 37mm. But not sure of the fork spacing or height. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks.
    Did you check and see if they have the same part number?

Comment

I'm guessing you want to mount different bars. I too have considered this. watch for clearance issues if you have a fairing. But couldn't we just get some risers from an old jap bike and drill a couple of holes in the stock triple to mount them?
      GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

It's definitly not the same part # because of how the handlebars mount. It's totally different. I suppose getting different risers could do the trick. I'd just be concerned if it would weaken the top at all. Good idea though. I'm doing this because I'm currently using vortex clip-ons at the moment which makes me have to raise the fork tubes in the clamp, which in turn gives me less fork travel. The whole bike has been lowered by a huge amount 'cause it's now in the shape of an outlaw pro-street bike. So at the moment I have about 1.8 inches of fork travel, and that's without the engine in it. I may need to put the forks back down to gain that clearance. Hence the GS1100 top. If it fits.

Comment

Working...
        X