need some wiring help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some wiring help please

i am in the process of building a (79) gs750 chopper when i disassembled the bike to put it on a frame i made i forgot how and what wire goes where with the charging system cant figure out how the regulator, rectifier, tie in with everything the regulator has a ground and one yellow wire comming from it the rectifier has a Y,LW,RW,R coming from it and the generator has a Y,LW,GW any help will be appreciated thanks.

This is not 100% but on an 83 GS550e it ties into the starter interlock (key)

Comment

Originally posted by aosmith View Post
      This is not 100% but on an 83 GS550e it ties into the starter interlock (key)
      AOSMITH is probably right .. per the Clymer manual .. R/W from rectifier and G/W from stator tie into the ignition switch. I may be able to scan the wire diagram for you tomorrow if you need it. Let me know.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
        AOSMITH is probably right .. per the Clymer manual .. R/W from rectifier and G/W from stator tie into the ignition switch. I may be able to scan the wire diagram for you tomorrow if you need it. Let me know.

Mike
        Emailed you the PDF of the wire diagram for 1978 GS.

Comment

Working...
        X