Stock Handle Bars on a 650G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Handle Bars on a 650G?

Since my whole bike seems to be stock, I can only assume that the handle bars are as well. After being relatively uncomfortable, and reading a ton of info on this site about riding positions, I think I want to change the bars.

Right now I am sitting in the (as someone here has so elequently mentioned) "sit up and beg " position. I take all the shock from bumps through my spine. I want to lean. Not a lot, but just a bit. I have long arms too. I'm about 6' tall. I know that when I slide my ass back on the seat and straighten my elbows and lean forward a bit, it feels really comfortable. But when I do that, my ass is literally on the passenger seat. And I often travel with a passenger, so...I think I need new bars.

Any Help?? I've read about superbar bars. Is this the next size down from stock on my bike?

thanks

I'm thinking superbike bars...

I've got the stockers on mine too and I've been thinking about getting a pair of superbike bars. Looks like they'd lean us a little more forward than what we currently have. Then you have the drag bars that are pretty much straight across or clubman bars which would lean you way over...

Comment

yeah, I'm thinking "leaning" towards the superbars. How do you find your riding position comfort level on this bike?

Comment

I'm 6'3" and have superbike bars on my 1000G. I find the lean angle very comfortable. I feel more in control than with the stock bars, especially at high speed. They're probably not for everyone though as you do lean forward quite a bit more than with the stock bars.

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
          yeah, I'm thinking "leaning" towards the superbars. How do you find your riding position comfort level on this bike?
          I find the riding position to be pretty comfortable actually. Although I'm 6'2" and don't ever carry a passenger so I think I want to be leaned over a bit more. Granted, I haven't been riding the bike all that long. I've had her for seven months now and I've probably only put 200 miles on her. I keep having to spend money to work all the bugs out!

Comment

Working...
          X