#4 Carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#4 Carb

I tried to take the air screw out of my number 4 carb and it striped out, it is completely beyond repair. I tried all the methods of removing it, but no go. Does anybody have a spare laying around that they would be willing to sell cheap. If you do all that I need is the carb body and the air screw, with spring and washer. With no broken posts. I don't care if it is clean or not just that it is cleanable. This is a 32 mm CV for a '81 GS 550T.

Anybody that has one or knows were I can get one please e-mail me at re_lee@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
    Moonshine550t

You may try EBAY under "GS1100", i saw a box of 'carb parts' for the gs, at theat time it was only a dollar, might try and see if you find something there. :twisted:

Comment

Doesn't the GS1100 use 36mm carbs, 750?/850 use 32mm
      GS 1000 use 34mm

Comment

This would be funny if it wasn't so serious, but I have the exact same problem. I have an 83 gs1100gk and when I went to take the #4 carb apart to clean it I bored out the cover and tried to unscrew the fuel air mix screw and it was turning very hard. So I tried to screw it back in and now it won't move either way. So if any one has a #4 carb for the 1100 (36mm?) please let me know.

Comment

Saw a set of 36mm carbs on Ebay last night.

Comment

I have a BS32SS. #2.

I have already E-mailed moonshine and offered him my #2 carb. Im not sure what bike it came off of becouse I found the set in the mud at my local pick a part yard. I used them for tear down experience, and the #4 did not survive. It seems to me that since the breather hoses enter the #2 and #4 on the same side, that they should be interchangeable right? Put the #4 throtle linkage on it, cap off the vacume hole, and presto #4 carb right? I noticed that the little tube that goes down into the bowl is pluged on these carbs. My 850 carbs are not pluged. Removing the plug if needed should not be a problem. Does any one out there see a flaw in all of this?

Comment

One more thing.

I just noticed that the #2 carb allows fuel to flow through it between the #1, and #3. It will need to be pluged on the out side if it is located in the #4 position.

Comment

Working...
              X