Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS1100E Cafe will it work???

Hey all i need some help,

Has anyone here made a cafe from a gs1100E, im thinking all i need is a cafe seat/ fender kit, witch would mean shorting the fame some, if anyone has already done it could you send me a pic im not sure if it will look good,

What else in tells a cafe racer?

Originally posted by Zack View Post
    Hey all i need some help,

Has anyone here made a cafe from a gs1100E, im thinking all i need is a cafe seat/ fender kit, witch would mean shorting the fame some, if anyone has already done it could you send me a pic im not sure if it will look good,

What else in tells a cafe racer?
    Drag bars, bob job on fenders, seat, pipes (optional), head light, tail light, shed all excess weight, ect.

Comment

Bob Job???

What does this mean..shorten the fenders or remove completely?

Comment

I think cafe's are way cooler when made out of the small displacement bikes...therefore, you NEED to trade your 1100 for my old GN400, and do a cafe out of that. And don't worry about the difference in value of the bikes, you don't need to pay me anything.

Glad I could help.

:-D

Comment

hahaha. i would like a cafe style 1100. i plan to make my 1000 cafe-like.

i wont shorten the fenders but i will keep it all low profile and sleek looking... probably no turn sigs or bags or windshield. i hate all that big ugly stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by Zack View Post
            What does this mean..shorten the fenders or remove completely?
            Usually, remove the front fender and shorten the rear up to or at the rear of the seat pan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
              Usually, remove the front fender and shorten the rear up to or at the rear of the seat pan.
              I have never ridden without a front fender. Is it bad in the rain or when roads are wet ?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
                I have never ridden without a front fender. Is it bad in the rain or when roads are wet ?

Mike
                Mike to find out what it's like: Get in your rain suit, wear your helmet and sit on the bike. Have a couple of family members or friends each with a garden hose spray you from the front and back. It's about that bad. No jive.

Comment

you might want to ride around a bit on a few cafe setups, if you haven't already. i find most very uncomfortable for anything other than ripping around town, lightly. with bars hitting the tank, bad seats, a stiff back, debris hitting you in the knees... but you could do a better job than the old CBs we ride around out my way

nothing against the idea; i too enjoy a good cafe! nice, simple motorcycles that are serious fun to beat on from bbq to bbq in the summer, IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor View Post
                    Mike to find out what it's like: Get in your rain suit, wear your helmet and sit on the bike. Have a couple of family members or friends each with a garden hose spray you from the front and back. It's about that bad. No jive.

that is awesome!!! im gonna try it and let you guys know how it goes....

hahaha

Comment

Read thru the appearance mods or performance mod section.
                      Lots of ideas there.
                      Keith
                      -------------------------------------------
                      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Working...
                      X