Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tappet Depressor alternative?

Hey guys,

So I need to adjust my valve clearance, but in order to remove the shims, I read that I need a special tool. I called my local parts place, gave them the part number, and my jaw dropped to the floor when "$125" came over the phone. If I'm not mistaken, it is a very simple tool. So, I propose this: are there any good alternatives. I have read posts where people use screw drivers to get them out, but don't know if that is safe or not. Anyone else have any other ideas.

BTW, 82 GS650GL.

Thanks for the help!

www.z1enterprises.com has it for MUCH CHEAPER ($20 range if I recall). Do yourself a favor and get the right tool. You'll just mess up your camshafts if you don't.

Comment

That $20 will almost include shipping. :shock:

Here is what you are looking for. $14.95 plus $6.00 for USPS Priority shipping. \\/

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        That $20 will almost include shipping. :shock:

Here is what you are looking for. $14.95 plus $6.00 for USPS Priority shipping. \\/

That's what I paid.

Comment

AHA! Just what I was looking for. Thanks for your help. I knew you guys were the right people to ask!

Comment

Working...
          X