how do rear turn signals mount ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do rear turn signals mount ?

1980 gs850 . Had vetter bags on that I took off. The only place I could see they went was under the little fender, but even if the bolt on the turn signal was long enough(it's not}, the turn signal would be hitting the fender, not allowing the fender to fit right. I looked on bikebandit at some schematics but that didn;t really tell me anything.
    Is there a mount that goes with this that maybe bolts into the hole and drops it down some ?
    Sorry to be so stupid but I just don;t see how they mount unless I fabricate some type of bracket dropping it down some.
    Thanks for any info

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thanks

thank u. does not get much clearer then that. seems I may be missing that bracket. Guessing they changed it out when they put the vetter bags on it.

Comment

The turnsignals will not fit even with the brackets if you have the vetter bags

Comment

bags

no, I am losing the bags. I restored a 1977 GL1000 and put the bags and trunk from a GL1100 on it, so this is going to be my naked bike. I like the looks of a naked bike better(my opinion) but needed the bags for touring,shopping etc.
          Hoping to do a decent restore on this, just may take a few years money wise. Time - I am retired so that is not a problem

Comment

I had the same problem trying to figure out what the heck was going on with mine. You can get those brackets pretty cheaply (relatively speaking) online.

Make sure you buy the little plastic pieces that mount into them and all the other associated washers and grommets
            Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2007, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X