Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of my K&N pods turned white from pink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my K&N pods turned white from pink?

Weird eh? Only thing I can think is that maybe that carb was off synch before I synched it and sucked all the oil out of the pod? Though that was a while ago and I just noticed it when I went back to the garage for the first time in a few weeks. Any ideas? Who wants to dust for prints?

you need to put new oil on the white filter, follow the directions as well. I think you are supposed to wait for 24 hrs before using a filter after you put oil on it

Comment

iirc the 24 hour waiting period was only required for vechicals with maf / map sensors

Comment

That is 100% weird. Are you sure you oiled it:shock: So hows the pet 1100?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

They came oiled. It really is the weirdest thing. I guess I'll have to order some oil from K&N. I wonder if its the same as their auto filters, because then I may have some lying around.

The bike is hung up on brakes. I reassembled the MC (mostly) and when I get to Burbank on Saturday I'm going to reinstall it and rebleed the brake lines to see if that fixed the problem. This time I have a MityVac and I'm going to use your screwdriver technique. After that...... Just waiting on registration. I'm either going to do the front shocks and fork seals with Dan or I'll have the shop do it. At that point it should be completely road worthy and just down to the fine tuning aspects (particularly at the top end where I have some popping) to which I will look for your unending guidance

Comment

If you have a Southern Auto parts they carry K&N filters, oil and cleaner.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
            X