Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firing order for 1980 gs850g

I have a very dumb question: will my bike run if i have the wires for
    cyl# 1, and cyl#4 crossed and give me some possible light sputtering?? i think i might have done that, but not sure. i know which cylinder is 1, and 4 and that the coils feed opposite cylinders.

Should make no difference if you swap wires for #1 and #4 since they both operate off the same coil. Same for cylinders #2 and #3. You'd know in a big hurry if you got the wires wrong.

Comment

thanks man, just making sure. I just finished adjusting my valves, replaced all the boots in and out of my carbs, cleaned the carbs out, sealed the air box, and set all my air mixture screws to 1 1/2 turns out and i get a slight sputter.

Comment

With the bike warm adjust each mixture screw to give you the highest, smoothest idle you can get. Carbs need to be synched too.

Comment

i will do just that, but also my spark plugs are very clean slightly grey. all my jetting is stock except i have a #120 main. stock main is #115

Comment

Start with the screws and see what happens. You may need to fine tune the fuel level in the bowls later. That has alot to do with mixture in the midrange.

Comment

thanks. i have adjusted the air mixture, but i think when i had the carbs off i adjusted the float height the wrong way

Comment

Working...
              X