Will '83 GK 1100 V&H pipe fit '80 750E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will '83 GK 1100 V&H pipe fit '80 750E?

Alright I've searched the archives forward and back, and browsed the descriptions on eBay for similar items, but I'm getting mixed signals. Most of the confusion is because people don't distinguish between the 16v and 8v motors.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone can definitively say whether a 4-1 V&H pipe on an '83 1100 GK 8 valve (fitment probably not any different from a regular "G", right?) will work on a '80 750E 16 valve.

I'm not terribly concerned about the hanger at the rear as I'm sure I can work something out if it doesn't match up. Mainly I need to know whether the port spacing and frame clearance will be workable. I'm not sure the shaft versus chain will be much of an issue here, so the real question is: will a V&H pipe from an 1100 8v fit a 750 16v?

Anybody?

It doesn't cross reference for any shaft drive.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      It doesn't cross reference for any shaft drive.
      Like on the Suzuki fiche? That doesn't surprise me, as I'm sure brackets and mounting and such are way different. I'm wondering if anybody's ever tried it and whether it can be "made" to work without too much trouble...?

Comment

I looked up the VH pipe on Dennis kirk for the 80 750E and clicked see other machine fitment (or something like that). No G models showed up. But if the headers fit I guess anything is possible?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          I looked up the VH pipe on Dennis kirk for the 80 750E and clicked see other machine fitment (or something like that). No G models showed up. But if the headers fit I guess anything is possible?
          Ahh gotcha. Yeah I did the same thing at another retailer so I know it's not a *perfect* fit, but here's hoping it can be "shoehorned" on. ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X