Fork seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork seals

I got my bike inspected last Saturday, and the guy who inspected it said my seals were leaking. I JUST replaced them, including the dust covers. (BTW, this is for my Kawa)
    Anyway, there are NO nicks on the tubes, and what he was talking about, I dont know.
    My question is this: Do you get a little "ring" at the top of the tube from the dust/dirt particles? I have run my fingers over both of them, and there is very, very little residue. Hard to even feel oil at all.This "ring" will appear after a days riding, usually 200-400 miles. I noticed on new bikes they had this as well.
    Please post a pic if you can of your fork tubes. I'll post one tomorrow night. (raining like cats and dogs here).
    Thanks!
    Janice

that happens to me as well, my advice would be to empty the fork oil fill them up with the proper amount then take some sort of long stick to measure the oil level, mark it then you can top off if need be... better yet put some sort of float on the bottom

Comment

Originally posted by speedzter2000 View Post
      I got my bike inspected last Saturday, and the guy who inspected it said my seals were leaking.
      He's F'in with you because you're Female.
      The little dirt ring around the top is normal. All my bikes do the same thing. (they all have new seals too)

Comment

as long as you passed....you're doing better than I :shock:. From your description they sound ok to me. Just keep an eye on them.

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
          He's F'in with you because you're Female.
          The little dirt ring around the top is normal. All my bikes do the same thing. (they all have new seals too)
          Thanks, Jeff. :-D

Comment

Working...
          X