Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brake lines too long?? how bad is a loop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake lines too long?? how bad is a loop?

I'm wondering if a loop in the brake line is absolutely bad, or just hard to bleed? I am thinking I would assemble the entire thing off the bike, so I could have everything laid out straight or hung up when I bleed it, then twist and turn things to make it lay right on the bike fully bleed and ready?

heres the story:

I have a three line set of stainless lines, but they are not for our bikes.

they are too long, and the angles and rotations of the end pieces are less than perfect for our bikes, however I am considering taller bars so I would need longer lines. these are even just a little too long for that, so I thought I might put a loop in them somewhere...

I got a set of calipers and tee from somone on here, and have a lever, reservoir and hose from a YZ something or other, pretty sure it was for a two disc setup, and has the 4 lever settings on a wheel.

any warnings for me?

It may make bleeding the brakes slightly more tedious, but other than that, the length will make no difference. Hydraulic pressure in a closed system is the same regardless of a few inches difference in hose length. As long as you retain the same inside diameter hose, nothing will be changed.

Earl
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

i would say you should try to align the brake line more or less correctly bleed it then loop the line otherwise air could end up trapped in the loop

Comment

great, that's pretty much what i thought, but just wanted to check. nice that I have the option to bleed them before the install so it should all work out!!

thanks once again!!!\\/

Comment

Working...
        X