Im modifying my signal lights again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im modifying my signal lights again.

This time i have a nice set that are from a Harley. The last set i used were marker lights from a semi trailer. I needed to add 5 ohms resistance to eack marker to get them to work((flash)).

This set requires that i add 2 ohms to either the left or right hand circuit to get the flashing going.
    Im going nuts trying to find a 2 ohn resistor that is about 5 or 10 watts. The 1/4 ohm jobs will just smoke while the signals are flashing.

A couple of years back, Hap gave me the name of a surplus outfit but it is long gone.
    I dont necessarily want surplus because they are usually too large. The last set I used was 50 watts. Waaaaay to large in size even though they were only 5 ohms.

Anyone know where I can get some 2 ohm 5 to 10 watt wesistors.

First I would like to say thanks for taking the time to assist me.

Digi key has what i want.
    I just came back from radio shack and purchased the only 2 1 ohm 10 watt wire wound resistors that they had. I will jig this setup up to see how it works as far as heat goes. The 2 in series is more than i would like to see but it will let me know if i want a higher wattage setup or not.
    I will then purchase 2 identical units and use one for each side of the bike.
    I have gotten myself in a sort of back log with bike maintenance.
    The kawa will get a headlight bucket in a couple of weeks. The little cm200t has a bad start drive. I don't think i will fix it. The Suzuki is getting the signal lights, the headlight kill switch broke and is half way done, one of the wires broke off the air shifter compressor and i have to change the ignition kill piston. I have a shnitz box that is in my living room.
    Laugh if ya ll want but the Harley takes the licking and just keeps on ticking.

Again i cant tell you how much I appreciate the help.:-D

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Rouge
      Hi Scotty....been following a bit of your KZ1300 project.....sweet machine....I remember riding a new naked one and a dresser....

Not an electronics expert and figure probably you already tried Radio Shack...that said, check out www.digikey.com or www.rpelectronics.com
      Hey Big Red I think i see an 83 zuke in you avatar. More photos please

Comment

Working...
      X