No announcement yet.

My exhaust blew up! PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you could simply order a Jama replacement through your local parts can dealer or thiebault dealer. Should cost you all of $90 plus gst of course.

Comment

Until I could replace it with a V&H, I would cut up a half dozen aluminum soda cans, buy a couple of large hose clamps from the auto parts store and wrap the split with the soda cans and clamp them with the hose clamps. Just wrap about 4 layers of soda can around it. It should hold until you can get a replacement.

Earl

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
      So c'mon guys! What do you reccomend?
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

OK! I think I got it. Pics to follow.

Canadian Tire muffler repair kit, cans, hose clamps. I think it'll work for a bit anyway.

I still think I'll get the crapper 4-1 ready. just in case.

What is the stock jetting on my bike? I'll see what's in the donor bike. Maybe it was jetted right...[-o<

Comment

got any more info on that parts bike exhaust?
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
            got any more info on that parts bike exhaust?
            You bet your ass I do!!!

I just pulled it out of the rafters and sure enough: Yoshimura Racing parts!!!!!:-D:-D:-D:-D

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
              You bet your ass I do!!!

I just pulled it out of the rafters and sure enough: Yoshimura Racing parts!!!!!:-D:-D

Well, I hate to be the one to say I told you so, but what the he!!, clean that baby up, repaint and swap jets...then RIDE HER HARD!!!!! \\/

Comment

thats what i thought, looked like a old yosh pipe. Get that pipe cleaned up, and tear that motor apart lets see what you got in her? How about the carbs they stock or after market?
                78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                82 Kat 1000 Project
                05 CRF450x
                10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

The carbs loof stock. There was no airbox. I'm thinking the PO likely rejet it or it wouldn't run worth sh!t.

What is stock jetting on a 78 GS1000? I'll compare that to what's in the donor bike carbs. I can't use the donor carbs. They were smashed in when I got it.

Comment

OK The main jets in the donor bike are all marked with an "R" then a small square in a larger square, 117.5.

The pilot jets are marked with the same double square thing and 15. They are the same across the rack.

BUT WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN????

Comment

Keith helped me out in another thread. Stock jets are 95 and 15. I now have the yosh pipe installed and the 117.5 mains in. Seems to run ok. I'll give it a good thrashing tomorrow and if it doesn't blow up I'll check the plugs and see what they have to say.

BTW: My patch lasted 50KM's. 8-[

Comment

Sounds like a blessing in disguise to me. All works out right, and you'll be enjoying some extra power!

Comment

Working...
                        X