Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost clutch cylinder? GSRESOURCES saved the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost clutch cylinder? GSRESOURCES saved the day!

The bottom side of the clutch came apart while riding8-[. I was on the highway about 45 minutes from home. As I approached traffic I down shifted and lost my clutch, thought I snapped my clutch cable. It's 92 degrees out and I have my girl on the back. Thanks to this site and all that I've read about snapped clutch cables and shifting without a clutch I didn't panic. I realized that once I stopped I'd be stuck, So I took the next exit, took another highway and took the long way back home. My girl had no idea of why I was heading back to philly.

Needless to say, I played a hero today as I managed to get back to downtown philly and time all the lights all the way to the front of my place. No stopping at all!! Let me tell you, that it would have been a disaster to have stopped on the side of the highway in this heat and be stranded. THIS SITE SAVED THE DAY.

Okay, so what happened to the clutch cable. It never snapped at all. The adjusting screw on the bottom side of the clutch...unscrewed and fell off. I have the screw, I saw the nut go bye bye on the higway. ANd that cotter cylinder that holds the screw to the bottom lever. GONE. Here' s a few pictures. BTW... I have the rubber accordian casing, it's just not shown in the photo. SO... Where can I get a replacement cylinder for this???? and Am I missing anything else besides the nut and the cylinder? Thanks so much for this site!!

You've got me confused, If your cable didn't break, why is the end of it not sticking out of the cable housing in the only picture I see??
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

maybe it did break. the cable is there attached to the long metal piece that you turn to adjust the clutch. To be honest, I'm not sure how this was attached to begin with. I can't remember. From what you see in the picture, what do I need replaced?

Comment

#6 is the clutch cable. You might need the #8 PIN Suzuki pn 09209-10019. You might try a Suzuki dealer, but may have to order. I don't see a nut here per se.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-16-2007, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Yup, I need # 8. and that nut at the bottom of #9 (which is a standard nut i hope (hardware store)). How or where do I order number 8?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
            Yup, I need # 8. and that nut at the bottom of #9 (which is a standard nut i hope (hardware store)). How or where do I order number 8?

thanks
            I'm in the UK........... You can get bits direct from Bells in lexington, Alpha sports just for a starters.....

Any Suzuki dealer or dealers who do mail-order will be able to help you if you ask for the part numbers that have been supplied.

Just for ease I'd even ask for the nut too!

Suzuki mad.

Comment

Mr. maro,

Your 650 is slightly different from my 850, but these should help you visualize what it should look like once you get it back together.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Yo Basscliff,

thanks so much for the photos!! I think my set up was a little different. I'm pretty sure mine has the cylinder pin that allows a screw through it. as opposed to just the pin itself as dipicted on yours.

Thanks again for the visual aid though. I called my local suzuki shop, they can order it, but I have to go into the shop to oder in person...then 2-3 days..for paper trail reasons.??? I can't believe a part that is worth 1.69 and is disabling my bike right now. So much for ride to work day

thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X