1983 Suzuki GS 550 E @12,000 original miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Started!!!!!!!

It rev's at 5,000 rpms and have to figure out how to do the adjustments.

but .....\\/

"Back in the saddle again,
    Out where a friend is a friend,
    Where the longhorn cattle feed,
    On the lowly jimpson weed,
    Back in the saddle again " ---Gene Autry

Comment

Now that it has started and I know without doubt it is gonna run, on to the next project --rebuilding rear master brake cylinder (it froze), finding compatible turn signal stalks and replacing the front tire. Also gotta pick up some mirrors.

The repainting will wait until I decide what design I want - when I do that project I will start a "how to" thread sub titled "How I do it"

Comment

Glad to hear its running. You are most likely going to need new intake boot o-rings, and possibly the boots. That is a common cause for high idle...air leaks. If your rear master cylinder is in need of a rebuild, I would recommend you go through the front as well...don't want to leave room for chance on your brakes. I just picked up a dirtbike that's 10 years old, and you don't even want to know the kind of garbage I found in its master cylinder.

For turn signals, I like the lockhart/philips aluminum short stalk signals. Can usually be had for around $20 a pair...adds alot of visibility and they're way nicer looking than the stock uglies.

Nice work on the rebuild.

But please change the Kawasaki green as soon as possible. :-D

Comment

:-D The green will go eventually.

I was running the engine then shut it off and went to turn it on again and it wouldn't start - I freaked. I was like "Oh God Oh God" the whole time the kill switch was laughing at me (oops). I also was running the engine on full choke so that was part of the high idling problem.

Comment

Congrats on the start up and a running bike! Well done!

Comment

Working...
            X