Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you use a GS1000 Carburetor on a GS850?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you use a GS1000 Carburetor on a GS850?

I know this may be a little over the top and I did read a lot before asking this question. This is for the 1980 + GS line. Can the carbs be interchangeable? Can you use a GS1000 Carburetor on a GS850?

If the 850 uses 34 mm CV carbs, then yes, you can use them.

Where in Utah are you? I'm in Sandy.

Comment

Sweet ride!
      I live in Richfield.

Comment

MOST of the parts for an 850 & 1000 are the same. If its the same year check the part numbers on a site like alpha-sports or flatoutmotorcycles.com. I would think they are the same.

Comment

Take a look at this link. They say that this carb will fit a 850, 1000, 1100 and the 1150. Will all of the carbs interchange like this? Or do you need to modify a little?

Comment

If you want, we can stop by with the GS1000 carbs to see if they fit. The 1000 has the stock 34mm Mikuni CV carbs. PM me if you're interested.
            Last edited by Guest; 07-19-2007, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bcrowther View Post
              I know this may be a little over the top and I did read a lot before asking this question. This is for the 1980 + GS line. Can the carbs be interchangeable? Can you use a GS1000 Carburetor on a GS850?
              Physically, they should fit. They will, however, need to be re-jetted.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Physically, they should fit. They will, however, need to be re-jetted.

So all you need to do is get the right jets and your set?

Comment

Working...
                X