Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing Help With New Parts

PISTON RINGS AND GASKET SET

Can't find parts for my GS1000 ( 1978 ) I'm in New Zealand and bike parts at the best of time are hard to get.

Have not pull the motor apart as yet (belive it to be standed) but know I will be needing Rings and a Gasket set.

Am like most (not rich) looking for a good price, Exchange rate is good but still will cost me more, then there is the freight and stress of waiting for the parts.

Would like a trustworthy go between state side that i could deposit cash into their bank and they would buy and send parts for me at best price.

But for now what sort of price can these items be aquired for?
    and where?
    and is there any brands that I should avoid?

Check bikebandit.com for availibilty and prices. I'd be happy to help if you find a supplier.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the offer
      your parts are cheap but the freight is a killer.
      why do they only sell rings as per piston?

Comment

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

I go here for all my stuff now. Bike Bandit and others are good, I just like talking with real people who know what they are talking about. It takes a little longer to get things at times, but this is a first class operation.

I wouldn't order new rings until you make sure that your cylinders are within spec and don't need to be rebored for 1st oversized pistons. As for the gasket kit, you can't go wrong with a Vesrah kit. Otherwise, stick with OEM in my experience.

In my case, when I went with oversized pistons, the rings and pistons were sold TOGETHER as one set.....what a pain.

Good luck with the rebuild.

Comment

Thanks mark

I've found a gasket set NOS the guy only had one left and gave it to me for cost. $35 US so am happy about that.
          Its just the ring prices am to use to car prices ie $75 NZ for the set of four, not bike prices ie $145 NZ for a set of one.

Comment

Working...
          X