750 exhaust on a 700?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 exhaust on a 700?

Picked up an '82 750E parts bike today, and it had a Kerker 4-1 exhaust on it. Any chance that this could fit my buddy's 700E that DESPERATELY needs a new exhaust?

I'm not positive on this, but I don't think it will. I believe the pipe dia. is too big.
    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

That's what I was worried about. Eh. I can always sandblast it and repaint it and have a nice little HP boost for my T.

Comment

Yup, '83 and up 700/750E's had smaller ports like the Gixxers to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
          Picked up an '82 750E parts bike today, and it had a Kerker 4-1 exhaust on it. Any chance that this could fit my buddy's 700E that DESPERATELY needs a new exhaust?
          Is he wanting a 4-1 or would stock do? I have my complete stock exhaust that was only used about 6 months when it was new.

Comment

Well, sum'bitch. Was trying to be a nice guy and pick up an exhaust for a bud, but it looks like I'll end up with an upgrade myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
              Is he wanting a 4-1 or would stock do? I have my complete stock exhaust that was only used about 6 months when it was new.
              Actually, I think stock would be fine. His is just rusted to hell and one of the headers is dented so much it's almost pinched off.

How much would you like for it?

Comment

Actually, I think stock would be fine. His is just rusted to hell and one of the headers is dented so much it's almost pinched off.

How much would you like for it?
                $50 plus whatever shipping sound fair? He can probably do a little bit of an estimate on shipping at the post office website. Maybe figure 40 lbs and a 5'x2'x1' package. That should get a close approximation.

Comment

$50 plus whatever shipping sound fair? He can probably do a little bit of an estimate on shipping at the post office website. Maybe figure 40 lbs and a 5'x2'x1' package. That should get a close approximation.
                  Sounds more than fair. He's a member here actually, but rarely gets on due to work. Thanks a lot, brother. I'll let him know and then let you know!

GSR rocks.

Comment

Sounds more than fair. He's a member here actually, but rarely gets on due to work. Thanks a lot, brother. I'll let him know and then let you know!

GSR rocks.
                    Just to be fair, the tip of one of the mufflers has some scratching. I'll take a picture when I get a chance to pull the exhaust out and clean it up. It's been raining all week and more tomorrow so it may be a couple of days before I post a picture or PM it. It's still very solid otherwise and was always stored out of the weather.

Comment

Just to be fair, the tip of one of the mufflers has some scratching. I'll take a picture when I get a chance to pull the exhaust out and clean it up. It's been raining all week and more tomorrow so it may be a couple of days before I post a picture or PM it. It's still very solid otherwise and was always stored out of the weather.
                      Sounds great, Billy. Can't tell you how happy it's going to make him. Thanks.

Now...any suggestions as to how to get extreme surface rust off of Kerker exhaust headers? Hasn't compromised the structural integrity at all yet, so that's a good thing at least.

Comment

Wow! That looks fun! I can't wait to try it.

Comment

Working...
                        X