Getting to allen bolt on 80 GS1100 fork leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting to allen bolt on 80 GS1100 fork leg

I am going to install Progressive fork springs on my 80 1100E but the Clymer manual does not tell me how to remove the damper selector ring on the bottom of the leg. I don't want to break it. How does it remove and is there anything behind that that needs to be removed before I get to the allen bolt?

Thanks Drew

Not sure about on yours but on mine I didn't need to remove any of that to change the spring.....

You may need to in order to get the fork seals out but I did mine by air pressure. (Pumped air in with circlips removed till they popped out).

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Yours has the preload knob on the bottom of the fork so I have no idea, someone else should have some idea so be patient

Comment

On my 82 the Dampening adjuster is above the axle caps. Ya dont have to F with it. Once the Axel caps, axle and wheel are off that 8mm bolt is right up in the bottom of the fork.

Best to study up with the search feature before ya dive into this project.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
        X