Which Manual to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Manual to buy?

So I'm on ebay getting ready to buy a service manual. I have two options, either the clymers, or the factory suzuki service manual.

If anybody has experience with both of these, which one is the better buy. The factory one is cheaper, so that makes me think maybe it doesn't have as much?

I'd appreciate any thoughts, suggestions or comments.

Thanks

I have both and I wouldn't want to be without either. I also plan to buy the Haynes manual. They each have different strengths and weaknesses.

PS: Check out RepairManualClub.com for the FSM for FREE. That's where I got mine.

Comment

I agree with the above. Buy all 3...I did. Then read about whatever you will be working on in all 3. Each one seems to pick up something that the other missed. It prevents a lot of headaches.
      1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
      The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

www.repairmanualclub.com seems to be down or I'm spelling it wrong.

Comment

http://repairmanuals.com is a great source to actually, you know, purchase all of these manuals. And I agree -- buy all of them if you can. They are all riddled with incorrect information, blurry photos, and maddeningly vague descriptions, but by perusing all three, you can generally gather the information you need.

You can also get a microfiche from repairmanuals.com . It's very useful at times as well. I spent about $10 in dimes at the local library making paper copies of all the fiche pages.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by darkbane View Post
            www.repairmanualclub.com seems to be down or I'm spelling it wrong.
            That's the right site. Sure seems to be down. Hopefully it comes back up.

Comment

Working...
            X