Dyna coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna coils

Has anyone here used the Dyna coils? I am thinking of installing them on my '82 GS850, but which ones? Are the 3ohm correct? What kind of luck have you guys had with these coils? I am a little confused as which way to go here.

3 ohm with electronic ignition. I had a set and didn't notice any performance gain. A coil is pretty much a coil when it comes to a stock bike. One of the Dynas crapped out after a couple of years. Went back to my original coils and ran them for probably another 12 years. You can use Bandit and Katana coils off Ebay too for a lot less money.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Are you saying that coils from a late model Bandit or Katana will hook right up to my bike and work? If that's the case the heck with the Dynas. I will pick up a set from a late model bike and install them on mine. I was just going to replace a pair of 25 year old coils and wires with something new to avoid failure far from home. As you say the price on e-bay is a lot more attractive than the Dynas also.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
        Thanks for the response. Are you saying that coils from a late model Bandit or Katana will hook right up to my bike and work? If that's the case the heck with the Dynas. I will pick up a set from a late model bike and install them on mine. I was just going to replace a pair of 25 year old coils and wires with something new to avoid failure far from home. As you say the price on e-bay is a lot more attractive than the Dynas also.
        They are exactly like the stockers.

Comment

Working...
        X