1985 Gs300l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 Gs300l

I just bought a 1985 300L and I am rebuilding it from the frame up. The only things that should need repair are the engine and wiring system. I need all the help I can get. Anyone know where I should start?

Welcome to the forum.

You have chosen a rare GS model.

There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum so ask as you need to.

Post up a picture of your GS.

Mike

Comment

I get to use this link twice today
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thank goodness, there is someone else alive that owns one. I have an 82 300L and are in the same boat of not knowing anything. I have been having this same comversation in another thread on this same forum.

If you are right outside Atlanta than you are only about 3 hours away from where I am if you are on the side closer to Chattanooga.

Good luck with the bike.

Between the 2 of us maybe we can ask enough and the right questions to keep them running.:-D

Comment

I have one too.

Mike

Comment

I have one also that I just brought back from retirement after 10 years. I haven't had to do anything major on it. I'll be glad to help where I can.

David

Comment

Working...
            X