Engine Vibration, Buzzing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Vibration, Buzzing

At 7500 total miles my 1100 engine started a slight vibration, buzzing. Now at 8000 miles the vibration, buzzing, is getting much worse. Numbs my fingers in twenty minutes. Starts at about 3000 rpm and on up. Could it be valve adjustment, carbs????????????
    I am also getting some rattling from my clutch while in neutral with the clutch handle out.
    My bike is an 83 1100
    Thanks

Re: Engine Vibration, Buzzing

Originally posted by surfly
    At 7500 total miles my 1100 engine started a slight vibration, buzzing. Now at 8000 miles the vibration, buzzing, is getting much worse. Numbs my fingers in twenty minutes. Starts at about 3000 rpm and on up. Could it be valve adjustment, carbs????????????
    I am also getting some rattling from my clutch while in neutral with the clutch handle out.
    My bike is an 83 1100
    Thanks
    I'm sure engine tune has a lot to do with the vibration, but someone just recently, in a repsonse to a similar queston, mentioned also to retorque (or just tighten) the engine mounts. It had never really occured to me before but it does make perfect sense. 20 year old bike and all...

Comment

Proper torque on all mounts is essential, and easy to do.

If it does not cure, or greatly relieve, your problem, next stop is carbs.

You will be amazed at how much difference a good clean and balance job on your carbs will make.
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

My 1150 never had the buzz that drives 1150 owners crazy but it did have one that I did not find that annoying. this past year I changed my chain and sprocket and synced my carbs again and the results were very good the buzz is amost non existant

Comment

I have found that a carb sync practically eliminates the buzz.

Comment

Working...
          X