Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bandit Engine Hesitation

Hi folks

I would appreciate your help on this one.

My recently acquired bike is a 1996 GSF600 Bandit. Low miles for it's age (6000) so it's obviously been standing for a while. The bike pulls very well and is fast. just a little rattle from the engine on tick over which presumably indicates valve seat adjustment is needed.

The problem is that the engine 'judders' or 'stutters' between about 2500 and 3500 rpm when lightly loaded or coasting. When accelerating or up hill it is fine. As I said previously the engine accelerates very well if I open the throttle.

I have had problems with petrol starvation and suspected the pet cock. I removed, cleaned and refitted it, and the problem disappeared. The bike has new plugs fitted. Could it be carburation, or is this problem usual for this type of bike?

Any offers appreciated.

Gary

ANy pipe. muffler change ???

Comment

By a small can of Berrymans and but one ounce per gallon of gas and see if that works it out.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Any chance those "new plugs fitted" are platinums?

Comment

For minor deposits in the carbs, the best thing i have found in the way of additives is to put a small amount of fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank when filled. Use the amount per gallon of gas specified on the can. If there are any deposits in the carbs, they should clean out by the time you run through a tank of gas. Injector cleaner will not harm any "O" rings or plastic parts in the carbs.

Earl
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X