New owner questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by girlie_rider View Post
    My husband wants to know if Sea Foam would work in the bike to help clean out the carbs or do I need to by fuel injector cleaner per se.

Sea Foam is good, seems to have a near cult following among outdoor power equipment folks and boaters (and folks on this forum). The MOST important thing is to read the can and calculate the right amount for your size fuel tank. Don't dump in a whole bottle!!:shock:

Comment

On the choke on my Suzie, I could not twist it right or left to lock it when I pulled it out. There is a rubber grommet but did not see a way to adjust it.

I did buy a manual off of ebay last night that has all of the specs for every 82 Suzuki. It is a factory service manual. And it was only $4.95 plus shipping.

Comment

Olderly advice

He has a 2007 Ninja 650R. The problem is that we have no idea what the spec for my bike are and are having a hard time finding any information about the bike. Several places we have been, including a local motorcycle junkyard have never even heard of a GS 300L.
        I haven't found but 2 other people that mention a 300L on GSResources.
        I need to know about the brakes, engine, oil, tires, wheels, etc, etc, etc.
        Any info would be much appreciated.
        Good for you on the class. When you are run off the road (by the person who will not stop) and wreck it you will be okay. Your bike won't but you will be. Then you can fix it cause it's cheap or sell it for parts on ebay.

There is no difference between his 2007 and your 82 as far as basics. He has a better suspension, more power and brakes is all. You do the same level of maintenance as described for his bike. Oh and his in new. For what it's worth my wife drives my "best" car....duh. I drive the 84 Mustang. Check on recent life insurance purchases.:-D

10W-40oil and should be stamped on the fill hole or engine for capacity.
        Mine is 3200ml and add 600ml for filter - but I have an 81 750E... Nobody has a 300L anymore nor do they have my bike either. If I wreck this one it's ebay city. That's why I bought it. Fun for the cheap and who really cares about dings at that price. My daughter learned on my old 82 450 but it wasn't fast enough for her so she sold it and she bought a custom lowered Harley 1200. It is cool - I have to admit. My son-in-law maintains/fixes it for her so she won't damage a nail...ahhahahaha She was his SGT in Iraq and can change a semi-truck tire by herself if need be.

When I buy any old thing I change the oil and filter. Also buy new tires if they are old at all. Replace the wheel bearings when you change the tires - the dealer/service center will do it for cheap at the same time if you get them from Bikebandit ahead of time. I can almost guarantee you they are original and junk. Tires and pressure are really important. 3 psi more in back than front.

You can get essential info from the Suzuki dealer like capacities and such when you buy your first oil/filt etc from them and they will tell you and you will write it down.

You start riding his 2007 bike and let him ride the 82 rag:-D That's what I would do in your shoes.

Those that can DO. Those that can't TEACH. Or so I've been told.

Good luck. I ride old because I am old and can't afford new. I always carry a cell phone too and have AAA plus good for 100 miles. BTW my wife doesn't go with me either. She can't lift her leg that high anymore....true. She is also my only remaining beneficiary so tells me to have FUN.

I can still remember being in my 30's....bearly. I think I still had hair, hearing and .... I forget what else. Oh yeah....I have always known how to have FUN.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedwankel View Post
          You start riding his 2007 bike and let him ride the 82 rag:-D That's what I would do in your shoes.
          I would ride his bike some if I could get my leg up and over on it without looking like th proverbial monkey and the football. Once I get my leg over it and haul my fat rearend onto the seat, I can't touch the ground except for one foot on tiptoe. Here in lies the problem. While I may get it going, stopping it will be an ugly event. One I believe he would rather avoid.

The cellphone always goes with me, added more life insurance on both of us recently, and I bought old because it was cheap, hubby bought new because he's only cheap with me. One of these days I hope he gets it figured out.

Comment

One of these days I hope he gets it figured out.
            Girlie, that was without a doubt the most brutally honest funniest posts I have ever read. My wife and I spend the last 5 minutes laughing.

I hope you continue to post on this site..all tho'...there is also a Ladies GS site you can post on if need be. Lots of guys do. I'm sure you noticed that too.

All the best - with your new career on stage. You're getting lots of fresh material now. Please continue to post your biking sagas.:-D

Comment

Now thats funny stuff right there I don't care who you are, that's funny:-D

Comment

Working...
              X