X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS700e Tank/Frame Question

Hello all,

I posted this in the wrong area before, lets try here

I just purchased my 1985 GS700e off of craigslist for $200! Now I'm ready to start my cafe project but have a few questions.

I want to replace the tank on my 1985 GS700e, one because the old tank is rusted and two because I am going to turn the 700e into a cafe. So what tanks will mount to the GS700e frame with realitive ease and little modifications??

Or maybe I can ask this way...what models and years share the 700e frame?

Also is there somewhere on the forum that shows what parts are interchangable between years and models??

Thanks in advance,

-Mike

No help on this one? Someone has surely swapped tanks around

Comment

Sadly there is not much aftermarket in fuel tanks for any bike except Harleys and dirtbikes, since tanks are so model specific. Since the sidecovers mount to and the seat blends into the tank on our bikes you may be in for a major cosmetic nightmare going to another style of tank, even if it would fit.
      Generally folks on this forum say the 83 GS750 shares many parts with our bikes, use your favorite on-line vendor's parts lookup to cross check.
      Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the info,

I am not looking to reuse any of the side panels or seat. I am just looking for a tank that will fit the frame so I can work around that for the cosmetics. I like the looks of the older GS e tanks but wasnt sure if they would fit the frame. I can get some fab work done to to mount it, just curious what models the GS700 share the frame with.

Comment

Working...
        X