how much does a gs1000 engine weigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
    i want to ship my 1000 engine and i have no clue what it weighs in at....

everything is on it but the starter and carbs of course.....
    Don't mean to sound stupid here but I've often dragged out a set of bathroom scales to check stuff like that out, if I feel it's under 300 lbs or so.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post

just wondering if anyone has actually tried weighing one before...
      How do you think I came up with the numbers I did?
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor View Post
        It's much too heavy for UPS. You'll have to deal with a trucking company.
        I used Roadway. They charge a little less for a crated motor but it's a bit of work and wood to make a box. If you find one, great! From Philly area to San Antonio was .89 a pound depot to depot, home pick up and delivery raises the price greatly.

Comment

Try FedEx freight, too. I've used them for some machinery and their rates were actually great!
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

i often use my bathroom scale to check weights, just didnt want to try to lug this one up onto it being its covered in oil and is a lot to handle for me all alone....

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
              Try FedEx freight, too. I've used them for some machinery and their rates were actually great!
              Reno, was one party in your transaction a business? I've dealt w/ FedEx Freight before and they won't ship between individuals. Either the shipper or receiver has to be a business, otherwise they won't ship. In fact, one party has to actually pay the shipping too. I know, because I tried to pay as a third party & have something shipped to my employer and they wouldn't do that either.

Their service is great when you can use them, but rates for things like this are better thru Yellow, Conway, or some other LTL.

Comment

i have a fedex account and i know i can ship freight through them....

Comment

Originally posted by dardoonk View Post
                  Reno, was one party in your transaction a business? I've dealt w/ FedEx Freight before and they won't ship between individuals. Either the shipper or receiver has to be a business, otherwise they won't ship. In fact, one party has to actually pay the shipping too. I know, because I tried to pay as a third party & have something shipped to my employer and they wouldn't do that either.

Their service is great when you can use them, but rates for things like this are better thru Yellow, Conway, or some other LTL.
                  Yes, it was billed through my business. I didn't realize they only dealt with businesses... pretty dumb if you ask me.
                  85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                  79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I've been told greyhound bus lines will allow a package to be sent on their buses if someone will be there to get it at the other end. Ask and see if you can use the bus line to send it and how much it costs.

Comment

Working...
                    X