What kind of tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubba View Post
    Besides after correcting my spelling and caps, who is the real snob here?
    I'm not a snob; just someone who is proud to use the English language correctly. After all, if you want to buy a Metzeler, I think you should be aware of the correct spelling of the brand.

You are the snob by thinking that only the Germans and such can produce excellent quality tires. Cheng Shin HiMax tires are excellent, despite the fact that they aren't European in origin. They're anything but "cheap". I was trying to persuade you to save some money. Inexpensive does not necessarily equal cheap.

I will continue to correct your spelling and capitalization, for which you will thank me.

Comment

O.K. Gramps. It's your story you can tell it like you want. And by the way, I never mentioned the Germans or anyone else as being the best. Just looking for some information here. Not an infantile name calling battle.

Comment

I run the Bridgestone spitfires on my honda SS and I can scrape the pegs on that thing... it sticks to the road like glue.

I am about to order a set for my GS.

Comment

I use the Cheng Shin Hi-Max on my smaller bike, the Metzeler lazertechs on my GS650G, and the Michelin Pilot Roads on my GSF1200. All good handling, good wearing tires. No complaints. (No points off for spelling.)

Comment

I was budget concious...but safety is priority since I throw the old girl hard into twisiteis chasing newr faster bikes my m8s run...

The Brigestone spitfires did a great job but wore due to the flogging I gave them, scraping pipes n pegs - but they never faulted right down to canvass on the rear....

My last set were Bridgestone Battlax dual compound since I do more highway riding to work than twisties and they hold just as hard scraping meh pipes though I hope to get a little more life out of them...

tough call - very personal choice - but Im happy with mine....

good luck

Phark

Comment

Working...
            X