'83 GS750ESF exhaust system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'83 GS750ESF exhaust system

I currently ride an '83 GS750ESF and can't find anyone that still makes a canister type exhaust. It has a Yosh system that was made for that year but Yosh no longer makes it. I have another bike to put together and need an exhaust 4 - 1 system. Supposedly the early GXSR's had the same head/exhaust measurements. Has anyone tried to fit other GS/GSXR model exhausts to the '83-'85 TSCC bikes? I'm looking to retain the centerstand but not necessarily the oil drain bolt access. Thanks, Ken 8O

I'm running a Yosh Duplex from an early 90's GSX-R. It's a tight squeeze under the oil pan but other than that it fits fine. It may interfere with passenger pegs, I can't answer about that detail because I'm using Gixxer rearsets. You do lose the centerstand. Drain plug access isn't a problem. But since my exhaust is held on with springs it's easy to pull off. I do that to keep from making a mess of the exhaust when I change the oil.

Comment

hindle

i've got an '83 gs750es with a hindle exhaust on it that looks very nice and is extremely light. you lose the centre stand and you have to remove header pipe to change the oil but no big deal. pipe comes off by removing several springs....................

Comment

Billy, your Yosh exhaust is from a GSXR 750 or 1100? Not sure if the exhaust dimensions are the same. If I decide to continue building my 750, I am going to need a replacement for my 15 yr old V+H Supersport pipe on my 83 GS750ED. Thanks, Ed.

Comment

Mine is from a 750.

Comment

Working...
          X