Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this dongle for???

'77 GS750B
    Wiring harness: located just past the large connector near the coils is another four prong male plug with these color wires:
    >Yellow/Red
    >Black/White
    >Green/Red
    >Orange
    It comes out of the harness near where the blue wire for the neutral switch is and is a square plug.

Can somebody tell me what these are for? I can't find anything that plugs into this.

Don't worry about it. On the US and Canada model 1977 GS750B it doesn't plug into anything. Might possibly have been for some other market or model.

Comment

N/c

Mr. dardoonk,

My bike had something like that under the left side cover (but different color wires), a "convenience" plug. I took it off. It was connected to the battery and could be used either for powering something or connecting a trickle charger.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks, Guys... I spent two hours going thru service manuals and searching the web for a picture of what I thought I must have lost.... I couldn't find any reference to it.

The orange should be "hot" only when the ignition is on, correct? If so, maybe I'll splice into it to power the Dyna S (the red wire).

Since I put so much time into finding out what is was, you can bet I am going to find a use for it now!!

Comment

Its for connecting a side car. 8-[

Comment

I cant say anything about that connector.

But will say what a remarkably clean looking frame that appears to be.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              I cant say anything about that connector.

But will say what a remarkably clean looking frame that appears to be.
              Redman, thank you...
              I'm mostly a lurker here on the Board and have been working on this bike for about 7 months now. Just a little at a time, though. Hopefully, by next weekend, I will have time to post a "Project Thread" and share all my trials & tribulations. Except for splitting the case, every component on this bike has disasembled and cleaned, repaired or replaced.

I could not have attempted this without the GS'ers here who have unknowingly assisted me so much during this project. Here's a pic from the day the frame & wheels came back together.

Comment

Impressive!

Mr. dardoonk,

Wow! That is quite an undertaking. My hat's off to you! The finished project is going to really be something to behold. Thanks for sharing! Wow!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I was going to make the same comment about the frame. Very smooth! It will look great when it's back together.

Comment

Is that a nice looking Triumph back there too?

Comment

Originally posted by runewolf View Post
                      Is that a nice looking Triumph back there too?
                      Yes it is. Pretty good eyes you have there!!
                      '05 Triumph America

Comment

Working...
                      X