Electrosport: BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrosport: BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!

Posting this here because I don't seem to have 'permission' to post in the deadbeats area.

Despite the massive amount of times I've seen referrals on here for Electrosport as a source for Regulator/Rectifiers and Stators for our fine Suzi GSes, I have to say BEWARE if you ever have to return anything under their 1 yr warrantee.

I sent back the Reg/Rect I bought last Fall because it failed earlier this summer under their 1 year warrantee.

I sent it back nearly 5+ weeks ago!!!

I called a week ago friday asking where the hell my replacement was, to be told that the returns dept had been swamped but that the part had shipped out the day before and I should receive it on Monday.

I called again on Wednesday, 25 July. Spoke to someone else, who told me that the returns people had failed to enter in a 'ship to' address, so my part hadn't been shipped.

So the dude I talked to on Friday the 20th LIED to me.

I have them my ship to address and told them that I wanted it expedited because due to their problems I have been without my bike for over a month. If they had fed-ex the thing to me on Thursday I'd have it. If they had friggin express mailed it thru the USPS I'd have gotten it today.

Needless to say, no part.

Who knows when its coming.

Their customer service is appalling. They have made no apologies. No extended effort to make up for their foul up.

Nice.

Seems one of the companies that once they've GOT your money your S.O.L.

I'll update again if I ever get my part. But I'll be taking my business else where and strongly recommend the rest of the GS resources crowd do the same.....

(There, I feel a little better, but just as p1ssed off when the weather is good and my friends are riding an my bike is parked in the garage gathering dust.)

ba$tards....

Back about two years ago their was a change of ownership. & things went to he$$. SO f that s go on Ebay & get a Honda reg. Postings in the deadbeat section need to go thru the forum moderaters

Comment

Good heads up! IMHO the only reason to go with Electrosport is peace of mind;if you ain't getting that,they have no value.:shock:

Comment

I buy Ricks, right here in NH.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

When Electrosport changed ownership, it appeared to me that not long afterwards, people were having problems with product quality and service.
          It was particularly noticable because in the years prior to the change, I cannot remember a single complaint. I bought 8-10 stators (various bikes) and R/R's from them and only one R/R was faulty. Replacement was immediate with just a quick phone call for an authorization number.
          After the takeover, I started using Ricks products purchased through cyclerecycle http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/
          I can guarantee that Rob at cyclerecycle will be on top of anything you order from him. He also answers the phone, knows exactly what he's talking about and is a great person to deal with. I've bought a ton of stuff from him over the years. Best customer service I have ever found.

Earl
          Last edited by earlfor; 07-29-2007, 07:49 AM.
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Somebody needs to rewrite section III of the Stator Papers to include more options. It harps about how great the Electrosport R/R is and makes it sound like that's the only option for our bikes when in fact a Honda R/R is probably just as good or even better. Price is certainly better.
            I'd be pretty upset if I paid a premium price for a product and got no warranty backup.

Comment

Currently using a rick's with no complaints, so far. Have sworn off of anyother brand out of the states, will still order an electrex from england though.

Comment

Originally posted by Clone View Post
                Currently using a rick's with no complaints, so far. Have sworn off of anyother brand out of the states, will still order an electrex from england though.
                Electrex & Electrosport are different companies now. Only the US operation changed hands

Comment

it's a real shame when customer service is that bad, especially when everything is going to china these days. I recently installed a ricks stator, and r/r in my 1980 gs850g w/ 30,00 miles on the bike. i hope to see anoghrt 30,000 miles out of it. the part i liked about the Ricks was the (1) yr replacement warranty, but no paperwork with either part bothered me.

Comment

Update: Reg/Rec arrived 7/30

Got my replacement Reg/Rect yesterday via UPS ground. So they did send one, but couldn't be bothered to expedite the thing so I'd have it by the weekend. Got it installed on the bike, just need to solder the wires together and see if thats fixed my problem.

Comment

Just an FYI, a 199X - 2002 (as far as I can tell anyway) R/R from Suzuki will work for our bikes. I have a 2000 R/R off a GSXR600 on my 83 GS550E.

About the only issue is mounting. As it's a shunt type R/R they generate a ton of heat so the new R/R units are basically huge heat sinks now. I've got mine bolted up to where my airbox used to be.

and as you can see there are a ton of them out there and for 30$ - 60$...
                      eBay Motors makes it easy to find parts for cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles & more. We even offer a massive selection of new & pre-owned classics, hot rods, exotics, vans, ATVs, RVs, boats and more at eBay Motors. Shop for your next vehicle, or start selling in a marketplace with 171 million buyers.
                      Last edited by Guest; 07-31-2007, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I had trouble with one of Electrosport's stators earlier this year too. Straight out of the box, it's AC output was below factory specs, so out it came and back to Dennis Kirk it went. Fortunately I was able to just swap it out for a Ricks stator and that unit has been humming away every since. I got about 35K miles out of the previous Ricks stator, which is the same I got out of the original factory unit - so Rick's stuff is at least of OEM quality.

I have an Electrosport R/R wired into it now - and so far so good, but 2k miles is not much of an indicator as of yet.

Comment

I put in a Honda unit I got from Duaneage and zero problems. Also Oregon Motorcycle Parts says he is developing one for our bikes. Maybe worth a look there too.

Comment

I have inventory of Honda SDG regulators again if anyone needs one. 40.00 delivered to the lower 48 as a drop in kit with new connectors and better bolts. PM me for details.
                            1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                            1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I got mine from z-1 enterprises and it's been on 2 years now.I figure if the last one lasted 22 years than this one should last at least 5.

Comment

Working...
                              X