Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve cover half moon rubber plugs, why needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
    I'll give 'em a review when I get them. I like that they have a lip on both sides.
    Yeah...I noticed that!! It looks like they "lock" in.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I just bought a set too. They should just lay in the head with just enough clearance for a little bit of sealant around them.

Comment

I bought a set from him too, very well made. Have not used them yet,but they fit nice & tight into the head.

Comment

Anyone have a reason why I might not use yamabond to fix a leaking half moon?

Comment

i just bought some as well, lets hope they are good!
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by smagnusen View Post
              Anyone have a reason why I might not use yamabond to fix a leaking half moon?
              I don't see why you couldn't. Yamabond is supposed to stay flexible.

I just received mine today. They look great. Nice, tight fit as Lynn said.
              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

My aluminum half moons came in today. They don't fit. The gap between the the two flanges is a tad too small so they won't slide all the way in. The diameter looks OK, they're just too narrow by a hair.

If I can't get a refund I'll donate them to someone here who may have better luck with them. Meanwhile it's back to the rubber ones with a coating of 518 to seal them up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguarjoe View Post
                  My aluminum half moons came in today. They don't fit. The gap between the the two flanges is a tad too small so they won't slide all the way in. The diameter looks OK, they're just too narrow by a hair.

If I can't get a refund I'll donate them to someone here who may have better luck with them. Meanwhile it's back to the rubber ones with a coating of 518 to seal them up again.
                  Well that's weird! I'll buy them from you if you get stuck with them.
                  85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                  79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Yeah, I was majorly bummed about this. The cylinder head 'wall' measures 6.0 mm thick. The half moons measure 5.6 mm. Too tight to fit.

Comment

Working...
                    X