warped rotor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

warped rotor?

so I just got my new tires, and in the process of having them changed, I went to my 850 front wheel because it is shiny and clean, but also because it had the worse tire of my two bikes. I put the existing 650 front tire and wheel on the 850 since it only has to roll enough to test the engine occasionally, while my 650 is a daily rider.

so I get going well today, having tested it out a bit yesterday for solidarity. When I brake I feel a pulse on the lever, but worse off I get a bounce in the front suspension at high speeds. I unfortunately dropped the wheel in the shop when I dropped it off, right on the rotor, it looked ok but I know it doesn't take much to be off...

so my question would be, should I just get two new rotors, or could I possibly straighten this one? (I know, I'll never get it perfect, but perhaps...)

any other suggestions for this stutter?? could the pads just grabbing? maybe I need to clean the rotor or replace the pads? I didnt' get this with the other wheel tho...

Go with the new rotors...you'll never be able to get them straight enough to take the vibration out. It only takes a few thousands on an inch to get significant rotor vibration and unless you have a method that I've not heard of, it would be near impossible to straighten them, IMHO......

Comment

Ye$, go get $ome new one$. Let u$ know if you find $ome. :-D

Actually I got a complete front wheel from this site with good rotors and rubber. Best $50 I ever spent.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Just broaden your search and haunt eBay for a bit -- the brake rotors on pretty much all 80-83 Suzukis were the same. Look for front wheels, "roters", "front breaks", etc. Basically, if the rotors look the same as yours, they'll work.

You can snag some great eBay bargains from idiots who can't spell, but that's a different topic, I guess.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
        X