Main jet swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main jet swap

Does anyone have any CV style main jets that they would like to part with? Or trade? I have a set of 180's and the stock jets (117.5 I think).....
    I'm looking for sizes between 148 and 155. If your like me and you saved those jets that didn't work with your setup, this will give you (and me) a chance to "help a brother out"
    Thanks

I have a set of 140's you're welcome to.

Comment

Thanks Billy, But I need to go up from 147.5 which is in the bike right now.... I added a relay to the bike and it caused it to go lean, more juice to the coils..... Its not bad, but it pops and sputters on deceleration and I don't like that. Plus I like to run a little rich to keep the temp down....

Comment

Your original post said you had 117.5 mains. I was wondering why the big gap in sizes.

Comment

Tim,
          You should also shim the needles. Usually with CV's you have a plastic shim on top of the needle clip. Try putting it under the clip to raise the needles.

Comment

The 180's came with the K&N jet kit I bought off ebay.....yeah, they're WAY too big... The kit was supposed to work with a kerker pipe and pods. I took a stab at the 147.5's and got pretty close but I think I need 150 or 152.5 to get just right. The jet kit had adjustable needles, air correctors and a drill bit for drilling the slides. Also, I think I got it for 30 bucks so it was worth it just for the needles!

So what say, anybody got some 150 jets laying around? You can have mine for the price of postage...BTW, I looked last night and my stock jets were 112.5 not 117.5 like I thought....

Comment

Working...
            X