what about a LED tail light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about a LED tail light?

I read all the posts about LED turn signals and the problems people have getting them to flash, but what about using an OEM tail light from a 05 or 06 gixxer? there's no need for it to flash, so would I still need some kind of resistor? you can get them pretty cheap on ebay sometimes. I'm looking to replace the big boxy looking stocker on my 82 GS 650. I just need to know whats involved in the swap to get it to work before I buy one.

you shouldn't need any resistors etc. etc. it's an easy thing im running all led's and havent had any problems. I would say itll be harder to get it to fit than to get it to actually light up

Comment

Well, like they say...where there's a drill, there's a way!!!

Comment

I have an led tail light combo and it works great. it's brighter than stock and the headlight won't dim when you apply the brake. it's an 1157 style from best hong kong .com

Comment

I just put on a plexiglass panel with 48X1500mcd red Leds in it. Right over top of the regular bulb. Man is it bright now. As long as you don't want it to flash you don't need to use a resistor.

Comment

I have 1157 style led lights and all is fine. now I have an 1150 headlight that I would like to try to get an led in.... I wonder if it would be bright enough.

Comment

Working...
            X