Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get neutral when hot ?

Hi

Having problems with my 1000G. When the bike's cold I can find neutral with no problems, but when the bike is hot it is virtually impossible. I checked the clutch cable and there is no excessive play, the tickover is smooth and sits solid at 1000rpm. The oil is clean and not overfilled.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be as it's really starting to spoil my enjoyment of the bike.

Thanks

On mine it's harder when the oil is old but generally it's sweet.
    In Reno one of the guys recommended changing to Rotella full synth to help with that problem, could be bad for your gaskets though.

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

It is also a problem on some 750s, I tend to have to hunt up and down one or two times if she is close to 100C on the timperature guage.

Comment

I have the same trouble with my 850.
        Just part of the package I guess.
        Lately the starter has been acting up when hot too...

Comment

possibly time to change your oil or your steel plates or your fiber clutch plates warp when hot.

Comment

I had the same problem with my gs100g when i had it. Check your cable tension. also you may need new clutch springs. mine used to pull away from me when hot in bad traffic. i changed the plates, springs, and cable which solved my problem.

Comment

Working...
            X