GS450e gas tank parts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450e gas tank parts???

I hope somebody can identify what is this part on the underside of my gs450e gas tank. What connects to this nipple?
    I am not referring to the petcock.

anyway you can make that picture bigger?

Comment

If I am seeing this picture correctly your missing the vent hose. Go buy a 1/4 inch rubber hose about 3 feet. Attach it to that nipple then run it down towards your tail light. It attaches to nothing.

Comment

I had to make it tiny just to post it.

Comment

What do the wires activate?

Comment

I think that is the float assembly. If it is, my previous post is correct - its the vent hose your missing. The wires activate your fuel gauge. What you could do is look up a parts store online that has a parts microfice that will have a diagram of all the parts on this tank. Hope this helps.

Comment

looks like the wires that go from the fuel sending unit inside the tank to the fuel gauge.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't realize this bike had a fuel gauge.

Comment

To post a full size picture go here Copy and paste the IMG code directly into your post.
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I don't have the stock gauges on the bike.

Comment

Working...
                    X