Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb problems...help.

im rebuilding a gs1000e....1978.
    the problem is with the carbs. can any one tell me were all the pipes connect as every thing was disconnected when i aquired the bike.
    the carbs are mikuni slide carbs.
    between carbs 2 & 3 there is a tee piece which i assume goes to the petrol tap.
    on the left side of carb 2,3 & 4 there is another smaller connection, please can some one tell me what these are for and where to connect them.
    many thanx dave.

tee piece is for fuel supply. little nipple between #2 and #3 carb (left to right while sitting on bike is for vaccum line going to fuel petcock valve which allows fule to flow to tee.

louie

Comment

Re: carb problems...help.

The Tee between #2 and #3 is fuel and goes to the petcock. The small brass fitting on the left side of carb #3 goes to the vacum fitting on the fuel petcock. The brass fittings on the left side of #2 and #4 vent into tubing and the tubing runs over the top of the airbox and through a square bracket on the right outside rear of the airbox and just hangs there.

Earl

Originally posted by dave
      im rebuilding a gs1000e....1978.
      the problem is with the carbs. can any one tell me were all the pipes connect as every thing was disconnected when i aquired the bike.
      the carbs are mikuni slide carbs.
      between carbs 2 & 3 there is a tee piece which i assume goes to the petrol tap.
      on the left side of carb 2,3 & 4 there is another smaller connection, please can some one tell me what these are for and where to connect them.
      many thanx dave.
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

thanks

ok guys thanks.
        it states in the work shop manual these pipes are fuel transfer pipes but dont say were they connect to.
        many thanks dave

Comment

Working...
        X