Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good modern exhaust that'll fit on an 1150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a good modern exhaust that'll fit on an 1150?

I saw the guys talking about fitting some early 90's gsxr exhausts on their GS750's, are there any that would fit my 1150? I would really like to either be able to change the oil without taking off the exhaust or have those spring attached headers. I'm not familiar with the spring type but I do know that uncrewing the headers on my current V&H system is ruining the threads on the block and makes changing the oil a major pain. If those springs work the way I think they do, then it could be a major timesaver. I'm hoping that some GSXR exhausts will work, i know it wouldn't be hard to measure the diameter's/distances between the headers but I'm not sure how to measure the distance/angle at where it bends arounds the bottom of the engine. Then I suppose there's the matter of mounting the silencer to something but that sounds like the easy part.

If you stick to the air/oil cooled 1100 Gixxer and Bandit exhausts I think there is a good chance it would fit. If you have a boneyard near you that you could try even a stock exhaust from one of those bikes you could see how a performance exhaust from one would fit.

Comment

Exaust system?

I seem to recall a system by the name of "Basset"?. This was some time ago but.......???
      Rick......(Mines still stock..fortunately)

Comment

what's a good year range? early 90's, late 90's?

Comment

dennis kirk (www.denniskirk.com around $329) still sells the vance and hines megaphone (chrome) 4into1. It does not need to be removed to change oil or filter and retains the use of the center stand i have had one for 17 years and it held up great

Comment

I have a hindle pipe on my 1150. It is mounted with springs for quick removal (when I change the oil). Great system, I don't have a center stand and don't think one would fit with this pipe. I think I paid $700 Canadian 3 or 4 years ago.

Hindle Exhaust Systems is a leading manufacturer of aftermarket motorcycle exhaust systems. Our systems yield siginificant horsepower increases as well as overall weight reduction. Street, Race, MX, ATV, Snowmobile exhausts.

Gerry

Comment

Mookie,
              Pre '93 on the Gixxers and just about any year on the Bandits. They still use the early Gixxer based motors.

Comment

Katanas also use the early Gixxer motors.

Comment

1150 pipe

Cobra/Eagle from England hes pipes for old GS's

Comment

Re: 1150 pipe

Originally posted by Robert Corrie
                    Cobra/Eagle from England hes pipes for old GS's
                    And their web address is?
                    Dink

Comment

OOps, Cobra-eagle's web site is www.cobra-eagle.cwc.net

Comment