Accidently dipped choke assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidently dipped choke assembly

Hope this hasn't been asked already. Got tired of searching through old posts.

While cleaning my carbs on '82 1100GK, I neglected to remove the choke plunger from the side (14 mm nut) of one of the carbs. I was distracted by my wife and kids telling me it's time to come in for supper, and I wanted to get the next carb body in "the dip". Dang it. Things never go right when you are in a hurry. It looks like there is a small rubber seal on the end of the plunger that seals when the choke is not "on" (ie when the bike is warmed up). The thing was soaking for a good 2 or 3 hrs. before I discovered my mistake. I quickly pulled the choke plunger out and dried it. It didn't look like the cleaning solution really even got to the rubber. Did I just trash this thing?

Thanks--this forum is an invaluable resource for me.

If the surface of the "seal" is smooth with no visible damage, I would say it should be just fine.
    However, I haven't done a ton of rebuilds so a more experienced member might have something else to say.

Comment

i've screwed this up before - no harm done.
      Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

Well, the plunger has been sitting on the bench now for a couple of days. I see no damage done. Looks like I dodged a bullet.

Comment

Run it...you'll know! :-D

Comment

Working...
          X