bowl vent lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bowl vent lines?

i have a 1980 gs850L and at some point in my clean up i took the hoses off the carb and now i dont know where any of them go. the carb rebuild section doesnt cater to this and the clymer manual over lookes it as well. please help!
    -------------the rusty--------------

I had the same question a couple of days ago.
    I found on my GX that the vent lines run back and over the airbox to a bracket on the back side of the box and end at the bottom of the box.

Comment

that doesnt sound like what i saw in the images on the card clean-up. i need a little more, like where each hoes is going and coming from

Comment

there should be a plastic T between the carbs and then i just runs down to vent, nothing connects to the other side.

I took mine off, and my bike prefers that.

Comment

the answer

i found what i was looking for and figured i would post it.
          thanks guys, it can get hard on a guy like me with few tools and less guidance!

Curt, the following is the carb. hose sequence on my 1981 GS850G. I think most of the old GSs (1980 and up with CV carbs) have the same hose setup.

Counting from left to right facing the front of the bike the carbs are 1 through 4. The "T" fittings in between # 1 & #2, and again between #3 & #4, are carb bowl vent lines. These generally go up over the top of the carbs towards the rear. Some end up under the seat (1982 GS750tz), mine go up over the top of the air-box to a clamp on the right rear of the air-box. The "T" between #2 & #3 is the fuel supply hose. This attaches to the larger outboard nipple on the fuel petcock at the tank. the last fitting on the engine side of #2 carb is for the vacuum line that goes to the smaller inboard nipple on the fuel petcock. This vacuum line opens the automatic petcock when the engine is running.

Good luck with your restoration!!! Be sure to check out all the Q&A sections of the GS Resources web site. There is lots of good stuff there!!

Comment

Working...
          X