No announcement yet.

At my wits' end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You all can laugh at me now. I deserve it.

I changed plugs tonight. When I did the compression test the other day I noticed that the #3 plug had a lot of carbon build-up on it, but I didn't think much about it since it wasn't fouled out and I've seen cars run with a lot cruddier plugs. But, tonight I decided to try a new set of plugs...Just got some NGKs and threw them in. The thing isn't popping, stuttering or shaking at all any more. Now, I'm back to the carb tuning work...I have new pilot jets on the way.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by jtolbert View Post
      You all can laugh at me now. I deserve it.

I changed plugs tonight. When I did the compression test the other day I noticed that the #3 plug had a lot of carbon build-up on it, but I didn't think much about it since it wasn't fouled out and I've seen cars run with a lot cruddier plugs. But, tonight I decided to try a new set of plugs...Just got some NGKs and threw them in. The thing isn't popping, stuttering or shaking at all any more. Now, I'm back to the carb tuning work...I have new pilot jets on the way.

Thanks for the suggestions.
      Great new!!! Plugs can do weird things after sitting for a while.They will usually foul out when they cool down and try to start back up again.That's when deposits on the plug interferes with the sparks performance causing them to "drown" in raw fuel which enters the exhaust and then explodes!

Comment

Working...
      X