140mph 550e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

140mph 550e

I have searched my arse off looking for the replacment 140mph speedo for my bike. (80 550e) I have seen it in someones signature, but I cant seem to find who it was. Looking for the correct speedo to purchase. If you know what one I need or have an extra [-o< Let me know.

I know what you need and what it looks like, but like you...I had a heck of a time finding the clocks (tach and center cluster specificly) for my 650. Fleabay (with some help from Chef) yeilded a cluster with a nice tach and center stack but the speedo only goes to 85 mph. My original was in mint shape (140 mph) so it stayed. Check Ebay and good luck! :?

Comment

What year 650 do you have that came with the 140?

Comment

That would be a 1983 650L...

Comment

the speedometer will read off if the wheels are different sizes across bikes, in case you didn't know

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
            I know what you need and what it looks like, but like you...I had a heck of a time finding the clocks (tach and center cluster specificly) for my 650. Fleabay (with some help from Chef) yeilded a cluster with a nice tach and center stack but the speedo only goes to 85 mph. My original was in mint shape (140 mph) so it stayed. Check Ebay and good luck! :?
            Since your bike won't do 85 I'll take the 140 speedo. \\/
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              Since your bike won't do 85 I'll take the 140 speedo. \\/
              Sheeeeet...tell that to the Harley Sportster that insisted he pass coming off a right hand turn. With three bike lengths on him and a "heavy" right hand, the zook had him and gave up no ground until I backed off at 90mph. Oh yeah...if you only have the 85mph speedo, you'de have to guess at the actual #'s. :-D I like this little bike!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                Sheeeeet...tell that to the Harley Sportster that insisted he pass coming off a right hand turn. With three bike lengths on him and a "heavy" right hand, the zook had him and gave up no ground until I backed off at 90mph. Oh yeah...if you only have the 85mph speedo, you'de have to guess at the actual #'s. I like this little bike!!!
                :-D:-D:-D................................
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                X