Clutch pedal connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch pedal connection.

My wife's '81 GS550L had a small issue the other night. I was out toolin' around on it just doing some regular cruising about town. As I was about to get to my turn and down shift, I noticed the clutch pedal was no where to be found! So, I hit the kill and pulled off to the shoulder. Upon further inspection I noticed the pedal was there...but was hanging down. It ends up the linkage between it and the lever came out. It's the connection right at the pedal. So, I pushed it back in and rode it back home. Haven't had any issues thus far. But, when I looked at the "rod" that goes in to the hole on the pedal, there didn't seem to be anything to hold it in like threading or a cotter pin. What holds it in? Or was it just a freak incident?

clutch pedal??? Suzuki like all modern manufacturers use left hand clutch actuation via a hand lever.

a clutch pedal would be aftermarket or home made would need pics to figure it out, if the clutch is on a pedal how do you shift?

Comment

Maybe he means the shift lever?????????:-D If not, then I'm in trouble too, since I can't find a clutch pedal on my bike either........

Comment

Oops...no wonder it took awhile for people to reply. Yes, I meant the shift pedal. lol. It's a stock bike. So, is it something to worry about? lol

Comment

put a cotter pin in it befor you lose it

Comment

Alstensby

There should be a groove around the rod that goes through the pedal. A flat metal "C" or "E" clip goes there and holds the rod in place. Also there should be a flat washer behind the clip.
            Check the parts fiche on Bike Bandit or Alpha Sports.

Scott

Comment

Cool, thanks. I looked quickly (but not too closely) and didn't see any thing. I'll take a closer look and get the appropriate clip.

Comment

Working...
              X