GS550ESG Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS550ESG Help

I am a new member and this is my first post. I recently bought an 86 GS550ESG and I need an ignition assembly. (p/n 37100-00A52) I was told by Z1 Enterprises that it has been discontinued by Suzuki and is no longer available. Does anyone know of an aftermarket part or of some other site that may have one for sale? I have already checked E-Bay with no luck. I was able to jump out the ignition and have started the bike and it runs fairly well so I know it is worth putting some money into it. If anyone can be of help it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to get some riding time in before the end of the season.

Show us a picture or a copy of one the parts diagrams showing your part. When you say ignition assembly...? which part are you talking about. A part number alone doesn't help any.

Comment

Welcome new_gser. I'm suprised z1 didn't steer you to an aftermarket part. Check this out:

I'm sure a more seasoned member will chime in with welcomes and some more (better) advice. Stand by.

Comment

He is probably looking for the ignition switch. Is the one on your bike missing or just broken? If its broken it may be possible to rebuild it.
        If the key portion is messed up, a locksmith may be able to repair it.
        Without being able to see the original switch it is hard to tell if another year switch assembly could be adapted to fit your bike. You could probably fabricate a mount so that you could install another switch onto your bike.

You may want to check out this place

They say they have access to hundred of used bikes.

Comment

The guy I bought the bike from said someone tried to steal it when it was in front of his house with the For Sale sign on it. The part where the key goes in is busted off completely and the base is busted up pretty bad. I have attatched a drawing of the wiring harness assembly and I am looking for item 12 on the drawing.

Comment

I have spare. PM me your info and we'll get it worked out. I'll give it to you if you cover shipping.
            sigpic

SUZUKI:
            1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
            HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
            KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
            YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Working...
            X