No announcement yet.

Carb Jet Guru's Pls Help!! 79 GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...I dont think that these are the original carbs for this bike....because it has a choke lever instead of using a chioke cable.

And from further inspection of the bottom of the bowls...it is solid.....No Hole or opening where the pilot fuel screw would go. The dark spot you saw in the pic was just dirt. I scraped it off with a little screw driver and sure enough...it was solid metal underneath.

I guess I will have to hunt down some carbs!

Comment

Originally posted by bhppy101 View Post
      Well...I dont think that these are the original carbs for this bike....because it has a choke lever instead of using a chioke cable.

And from further inspection of the bottom of the bowls...it is solid.....No Hole or opening where the pilot fuel screw would go. The dark spot you saw in the pic was just dirt. I scraped it off with a little screw driver and sure enough...it was solid metal underneath.

I guess I will have to hunt down some carbs!
      Your 750 uses Mikuni VM 26MM carbs. Your bowl pic sure looks like the right bowl. Can you show a good carb pic?
      There are supposed to be pilot fuel screws in those holes. It isn't even threaded?? You would not be able to poke a screwdriver up there to see if it's solid. With the screw out, there's only a very tiny hole that enters into the carb bore. If you look down into the carbs, you should see the small hole. Actually, there are two small holes. If it isn't clogged, a shot of carb spray up through the screw hole should result in spray entering the carb bore. The sharp tip of the pilot fuel screw can protrude through that hole, depending on how the screw is set. Many owners screw up and break off the sharp tips in the carb body from seating them too firmly. In that case, you will probably see little brass tips sticking out of the holes in the bore. Those same owners may do other stupid things like remove the screws??
      The bowl shot sure looks like it would accept a screw. It's not a detailed pic but I still think there are threads in there and you're missing the screws.
      Many VM carbs use choke levers, and many use choke cables.
      Last edited by KEITH KRAUSE; 08-14-2007, 02:03 PM.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
      X